Friday, November 4, 2011

Perfect serving size

I love these plastic freezer jars by Ball. I found them in 8 and 16 ounce sizes. I envisioned using them for picnics and in our travel cooler.


Today I made the large box [.60 oz] of Jell-O and used the 8 ounce size to create single servings. Just grab one and top with whipped cream and you're ready to enjoy a snack - quickly! Filling about 2/3 to the top made six servings.


And, after they cooled in the fridge I added the lids to keep the Jell-O top from getting that, well, hard rubbery texture that happens if left uncovered.



2 comments:

  1. These would also be perfect for freezing single portions of sou[. I'm glad you featured them here. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. These have so many uses.

    I hopped over to visit you and will have to spend some time there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll visit my other blogs.