- 1 # of beef or italian sausage
- 1/2 vidalia [or yellow] onion, diced
- 2 TBS minced garlic [jar]
- 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 regular can of diced tomatoes [no salt]
- 2 TBS basil [dried]
- 2 TBS oregano [dried]
- 1/2 TSP black pepper
- 1 TSP onion powder
- 3 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS tomato paste
Cook the beef [or sausage] with the onion and garlic.
Add the tomatoes, paste and spices.
Simmer on low for an hour or two.
Canned tomatoes may differ in acidity, adjust sugar to taste.
Dried spices differ by brand and age, adjust to taste.