Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hamburger Soup

It has been a long while since I've posted on this blog. Why? Life!

Spring arrived... according to the calendar but not the weather. We had a little more snow and I wanted something to warm our tummies. {I love soup 365 days a year}

This is such an easy basic soup that really hits the spot with a hunk of bread or crackers.

Hamburger Soup, Gale Wall

Ingredients:
2 # of hamburger (I use one pound each 85/15 and 90/10)
Diced small yellow onion
1 heaping TBS minced garlic (minced garlic in a jar)
1/2 to 1 TSP garlic powder
1/2 to 1 TSP onion powder
6 oz tomato paste
3 cans of diced tomatoes (salt free for me)
12 oz frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans and green peas)
1/2 of 12 oz frozen green beans
1/2 of 12 oz frozen corn
1/2 of 12 oz frozen green peas
1/2 of 12 oz frozen green lima beans
Water: as much as you need
Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook:
Hamburger with onion and garlic. Drain.
{I cook in my large stock pot to save on dirty dishes}

Add:
Tomato paste, garlic & onion powder. Incorporate.
Diced tomatoes.
Frozen vegetables.
Water: as much as you need.
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Simmer a couple of hours.

Hamburger Soup, Gale Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll visit my other blogs.